Re: [Orchid] Incorporating tanzanite

John Rasmussen Wednesday, July 02, 2008

hi carolyn in the beautiful upstate

    tanzanite is quite soft for a gem and sort of fragile. in protected
    settings such a necklace pendant and ear rings the stones should do
    well. in a ring with a lot of metal surrounding the stone to protect
    it, then probably ok, especially if used only for special occasions.
    if departures magazine adveritser can get someone to pay those
    prices, let me know who is purchasing them, i have several tanzanite
    stones in inventory.

    tanzanite can be a very beautiful stone, if good color, clarity and
    cut are present. however, much tanzanite on the current market is
    light colored and has many inclusions.

    have a great day

john (in the beautiful upstate of south carolina)
John Atwell Rasmussen
Rasmussen Gems and Jewelry
www.rasmussengems.com