[Orchid] Incorporating tanzanite

carovinson Tuesday, July 01, 2008
========[ Invite a Friend -  ]========

Was: General cleaning dirty jewelry

    I was surprised to read that tanzanite was not a good stone for
    jewelry, especially since I have in front of me an advertisement in
    Departures Magazine (published by American Express) featuring
    Tanzanite. There is a tanzanite and titanium earrings for $65,000; a
    Tanzanite pendant for $54,000; a pear-shaped tanzanite ring for
    $56,250; and a tanzanite ring that is so expensive you have to
    request the price.

    I wonder how they have treat these to make them wearable?? It would
    indeed be inconceivable to me to think that one would wear the rings
    for anything but the most special of events, but then it is
    inconceivable to me to think of paying that much for a ring, or
    earrings. They are truly beautiful. I love tanzanite and have a few
    small stones. Hmm, maybe I should make them into rings - I could
    probably get $50 easy. :>)?

Frog Pond Studio
in beautiful upstate South Carolina