FedEx High Value Shipments Option

Unless you have shipper’s coverage on your jewelers block policy
high value shipments can be problematic.

The post office has a limit of $25,000 on registered, $5,000 on
expressmail

UPS will go $50K but no loose stones coverage.

The regular fedex limit is 500. I discovered they have a special
program…DVX (Declared Value Exception) that let’s you ship up to
$50K, loose stones OK, overnight available too. There are
restrictions of course. You have to enroll and be approved.

http://www.fedex.com/us/services/options/dvx

I don’t know the other carriers. This might be helpful to some of
you.

Parcel Pro a US company offers insurance nationally and
internationally. The Canadian Jewellers Block as well offers
shipping for clients in Canada.

Regards,
Jeff Nechka
Premier Gems LTD