Merchandising Idea - LCD Photo Frame

My husband got me one for Christmas for that very idea, and I just
used it for the first time at a show I did January 2nd. It received
many comments, and it gets people to stop at your table just a tad
longer, allowing for some great conversation to start. I also loaded
music onto mine to go with the pictures, as many of the loaded
pictures are from fashion shows. (Nothing too outrageous, but it
goes with the territory)

Miachelle DePiano

These are pretty awesome, the only problem is power, especially if
you do outdoor shows that do not offer electricity.

My g/f (marlaallison.com) incoporated two of these into one of her
paintings, and for the show she debuted these at, we had to buy a
car battery and DC/AC convertor to run the LCD panels since there was
no electricity. The battery held up for two long days, then needed a
charge…so include a small trickle charger with the bundle.

P@

These are pretty awesome, the only problem is power, especially if
you do outdoor shows that do not offer electricity.

Are they bright enough to be visible at a bright, sunny outdoor
show?

Noel

Hi all. I once used my laptop to show a slide show of my opal
carvings , I put images together of the one piece showing all sides
and then the next piece and so on. This is a great way to save money
on printing costs of photo’s.

If you have a big enough booth you can hang up a flat screen tv and
put your images on that also. People can’t resist watching a TV
screen. This maybe possible only if you have power.

It’s a great way to attract people to your booth, people tend to
relax a little also and you can chat about the pieces ect, normally
people will only pause for a few seconds as they go past your booth,
but everyone looks at what is on a screen.

Christine in the Ridge

Are they bright enough to be visible at a bright, sunny outdoor
show?

They are bright enough, for causual viewing, and as with any LCD its
best if your right in front, a bit dimmer if viewed at an angle. Im
also assuming youll be under a tent, so youll always be in the shade
and not in direct sunlight. Very similar to viewing laptops if you
need a comparison.

P@

If you have a big enough booth you can hang up a flat screen tv
and put your images on that also.

Except for outdoor shows. I can’t even see the screen on my laptop
for processing credit cards. I have a higher end EZ-UP which lets a
lot more light in than the heavier duty tents. Yeah I know, EZ-Ups
blow away and will kill small children and pollute the air and just
ruin everything…

Rick Copeland
Silversmith and Lapidary Artisan
Rocky Mountain Wonders
Colorado Springs, Colorado
rockymountainwonders.com

For all of you that are giving any thoughts to using a LCD photo
frame I thought I would pass along this little tidbit. I haven’t
bought one so I have no idea how good it is. But it was interesting
to see the price. http://tinyurl.com/2fv9su

michael