Re: [Orchid] Hammer Textured Rolling Mill?

Richard Hart Friday, November 30, 2007

>     So I found out the hard way that if you hammer (peining again)
>     depressions into a steel plate that are deeper than the thickness
>     of the metal you plan to roll through the mill with said plate...

    Have you tried putting several layers of paper towel between the
    back side of the sterling and the roller, might push the metal into
    the depression on the steel. The limitation of the HP of the mill
does
    contribute to the struggle, as I have a 3HP power mill. The 3 HP mill
    used with corrugated cardboard gives me a texture I am very happy
    with, I use it a lot. Could not do it with a hand mill, tried,
    herniaville.

Richard Hart