Save The Date - CLASP 2007

S A V E T H E D A T E

CLASP - A Convergence of Jewelers.
Denver, Colorado, September 14-16, 2007.

http://www.claspconvergence.com

  • Clasp 2006 was fantastic!

http://www.ganoksin.com/orchid/archive/200609/msg00948.htm

  • What is Clasp?

Clasp is an innovative new conference recently announced by Rio
Grande and its advisory partners Bench Media, Ganoksin (parent to
the Orchid Forums), Manufacturing Jewelers and Suppliers of America
(MJSA) and The Society of North American Goldsmiths (SNAG).

  • Who Will Clasp Serve?

Clasp will be the first conference of its kindan education and
networking conference specifically designed to serve small
manufacturers, metalsmiths, designing jewelers and bench jewelers.

  • What Will Clasp’s Focus Be?

Clasp will explore all aspects of the business of jewelry-making
art, working to educate and inspire jewelry-makers across the
industry in a setting that encourages networking with peers and
interaction with speakers from inside as well as outside the jewelry
industry.

  • Theme Tracks - Muse, Method & Money

Clasp presents a convergence of topics within three tracks, each
crucial to the success and vitality of your business.

Muse. Refuel and nourish the creative center; differentiate yourself
through design.

Method. Enhance your jewelry-making skills with expert presentations
and demonstrations.

Money. Explore essential business topics that focus on the
you need most.

  • Clasp Will Build Important Relationships

As an important part of the Clasp experience, independent
jewelry-makers will be encouraged to take advantage of networking
opportunities, gaining tremendous value from interacting with one
another and sharing ideas. The casual, non-commercial setting
provided by Clasp will enable jewelry-makers to step outside their
daily routines and to invest in professional development and
interpersonal connections. This investment will pay off throughout
the year as jewelry-makers draw on both new knowledge and new
sources of support and

  • Clasp is Good for the Industry

In addition, Clasp will serve to invigorate and reinvest in the
jewelry industry. Rio Grande will finance and produce Clasp. Bench
Media, Ganoksin, MJSA and SNAG will provide advisory support. This
effort will build individual jewelry-makers’ success and will
strengthen the entire jewelry industry.

  • Will There Be an Exhibition?

This will not be a selling event. Jewelry industry educational
providers will be invited to share their literature and curricula
so attendees will have an opportunity to learn more
about all the educational opportunities available to them in the
industry. But suppliers (including Rio Grande) will not be selling
wares at this event. We know the jewelry industry offers many
opportunities for trade shows, and we want to focus all of our
energy on education, networking, inspiration and growth.

S A V E    T H E    D A T E
CLASP - A Convergence of Jewelers.
Denver, Colorado, September 14-16, 2007.
http://www.claspconvergence.com

I have been eagerly awaiting this announcement!

CLASP 06 was an incredible experience and event. So many excellent
presenters and really useful I followed the Muse track
of presentations.

But the DVD that Rio Grande produced, which covered all the
presentations at the convergence allowed me to view those I thought I
had missed and really made attendance worthwhile. The DVD provides an
incredibly valuable resource and reference.

I felt as though I didn’t miss a thing and this year I will be able
to freely chose the presentations I want, knowing I will not miss
valuable from another lecture going on at the same time.

My highest praise to Rio Grande for the great organization of the
event and deep gratitude to Bench Media, Ganoksin, MJSA, and SNAG for
developing and bringing such an event focused to the business and
artistic needs of small jewelry manufacturers, designers and
metalsmiths.

See ya’ all in DENVER.

Nanz Aalund
Associate Editor / Art Jewelry magazine
21027 Crossroads Circle / Waukesha WI 53187-1612
262.796.8776 ext.228

I am disappointed. Clasp is being held on the Jewish New Year and I
will not be able to attend. I am sure I am not the only person out
there in this predicament. It would be nice if some consideration
came into play regarding religious holidays.

Jennifer
Ventura, CA

Dear Jennifer (and everyone affected by parking Clasp on top of Rosh
HaShanah),

Yes, we blew it on that one. But I didn’t realize it until a few
days ago when I got an earful about it from my mother, who reads our
every website, and who is already despairing of me not being as
observant as she raised me to be.

Unfortunately we were so focused on achieving specific dates in
September related to proximity to Labor Day and hotel availability
that we didn’t consult the calendar for other conflicts. I just
checked, and the dates we have selected for 2008 and 2009 do not
conflict, and we will be more careful in the future. Again, my
apologies.

Andrea

Andrea M. Hill
Chief Executive Officer