[Australian Source] Opals

Hi All! I am going to be in Sydney from March 12-18. I would like to
purchase a nice opal for myself. Can anyone help steer me in the
right direction. I would also like to meet any of you who are based
in Sydney. I am a jeweler based in the Minneapolis area. Been in the
bis for 25+ years. I do custom order pieces for a few jewelers
locally and I teach Jewelry Manufacturing and repair at the
Minneapolis Community and Technical College.

Thanks!
Michelle Reger

Australia is not necessarily the best place to buy an opal. Do you
know anyone who deals in opals and with whom you have done business
satisfactorily? What is your budget?

It’s possible to find something in Sydney; much depends on your
level of expertise.