Re: [Orchid] Self taught Vs Formal training

Daniel Spirer Saturday, February 03, 2007

>     Also I will not be recognized as a real jeweler without the
>     credentials a school would > give.

    Whoa, hang on there. While I have my GG and have occasionally (very
    occasionally) taken a short course here or there I don't have any
    other "school credentials" (I don't even have a bachelor's degree)
    and I am most certainly recognized as a real jeweler. Not only am I
    recognized as a "real jeweler" but I am recognized as one of the best
    in my area. I don't believe any extra education hurts anyone, but it
    is most certainly not necessary to be a "real jeweler".

Daniel R. Spirer, G.G.
Daniel R. Spirer Jewelers, LLC
1780 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02140