Back to Back Trade Shows

Hi,

I am exhibiting in the Buyer’s Market in Philadelphia and the ACC
Show in Baltimore. This is the first time I’ve done both shows. They
are back to back, one ending at 3 p.m., the other beginning at 10
a.m. the next day. I live on the west coast, so I ship and rent my
display and I do these shows alone. Renting a car is a possibility.

I know hundreds of people do both shows. I would appreciate it if
some of you could share with me how you manage the logistics of this
tight schedule.

Thank you in advance for whatever advice you can offer.

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne

I know hundreds of people do both shows. I would appreciate it if
some of you could share with me how you manage the logistics of
this tight schedule.

I know you’ll probably get quite a few answers from the list, but,
in case you don’t, I just had this to add. In the past, when I have
had questions, I have emailed total strangers. If you really need to
know the logistics and don’t find the answers you need on Orchid,
don’t be shy. Find names that are on both lists and just email a
couple…no better info than from the source. The worst that could
happen is they don’t have time to answer.

Good luck, I really hope to face the same kind of dilemma some day
soon.

Best
Kim

Suzanne,

I’ve never done it, before I even apply to ACC I wanted to know how
much a PIA it would be. So, I’ve spoken to people who have and this
is what I’ve been told… They pack up BMAC as quickly as they can.
They immediately drive from

Philly to ACC, no stopping at home, no checking out of hotels. They
are ready to go to Baltimore as soon as they pack up their BMAC
booth. They arrive at ACC late, which means you have to pay an extra
fee for being late! I think that’s pretty rotten considering how
these shows have been back to back for years. Give the artists a
break! Check the ACC info, I think you have to let them know you are
coming late. And then set up is that night… Sounds fun, huh?

Good luck!
Amery
Amery Carriere Designs
www.amerycarriere.com

Hi Suzanne,

I’ve done both shows for a number of years. At first I took a plane
to Philadelphia and shipped my Abstracta booth UPS. I rented a van
and driver with several other jewelers for the trip to Baltimore.
Then when I changed my booth design I started shipping with DAX
(Direct Art Express - 413-268-995). They took my booth to Baltimore
and I rented jewelry cases for Philadelphia. I had an extra suitcase
with my display materials and office supplies that I took with me on
the plane. The breakdown in Philadelphia was very fast. I took the
train from Philadelphia to Baltimore instead of renting a van. I
bought a reserved ticket online for a 5:30 train and I was at
Baltimore setting up by 7:00. I found this to be the easiest method.

I hope you find this to be helpful. Feel free to contact me with
questions. Good luck!

Jayne Redman
www.jayneredmanjewelry.com