Gemstone and rough dealers in Bangalore, India

I have the opportunity to go to Bangalore India for 3 weeks, from
March 28 to April 13. If anyone knows of a contact in Bangalore or
close to there, that sells stones and rough, I’l love to contact
them.

I was thinking that since it so close to Pakistan, there might be
good bargins on Lapis rough, which I love.

It would also be great to visit any mines in the area.

Thanks in advance for any

Love and God Bless
randy
http://www.rocksmyth.com

Hi All,

I thought I would re-send this request, since I didnt get any
response the last time except for a gracious invitation from my
friend Ahmed Shareek in SriLanka.

I have the opportunity to go to Bangalore India for 3 weeks, from
March 28 to April 13. If anyone knows of a contact in Bangalore or
close to there, that sells stones and rough, I would love to contact
them.

I was thinking that since it so close to Pakistan, there might be
good bargins on Lapis rough, which I love.

It would also be great to visit any mines in the area.

Thanks in advance for any

Love and God Bless
randy
http://www.rocksmyth.com

Randy,

Bangalore, India, does not really a major market for rough or cut
stones. However, if you go North to Mumbai or Jaipur, you would hit
pay dirt.

Regards,
Rasesh Chasmawala.
Mumbai, India.

well - right country wrong district and state. bangalore isn’t
exactly a mecca of gemstone trading, but DO buy your gold leaf and
foils, and silver leaf and foils there, and at the grocers/markets
rather than art supply houses, or jewelery dealers. there are
jewelrs supply stalls in the markets there, be sure to check them out
as you can get sweet deals on rolling mills, ( ship them home via
UPS/fed Ex world or some other carrier)and otherwise hard to afford
tools there. bangalore is a manufacturing area, so pliers, stainless
steel goods, and metal products are more accessible. since you are
leaving tomorrow, i don’t have time to make any contacts for you, but
if you have email access and tell me where your’e going i’ll send you
out some references this evening or tomorrow night. I used to live in
India ( northern). I also know of some fairly good dealers based in
houston and dallas, via India (jaiapur, and rajaputra)so when you
get back…also remeber, BARTER, MOST of them SPEAK ENGLISH, and
Never accept the first price on anything ( particularly silver sheet,
wire, tubing, etc) unless you calculate and the deal is too good to
pass up. Many of the Jewelers supply stands, have 1970’s silver
prices on spools of wire by the oz., and 12"x 6" sheet and its
mostly.999…so if the price is below a bulk buy price based on the
spot quote before you leave grab it, and bring a test needle and /or
test kit, and /or buy one there before buying gold in any form other
than a minted coin or bar…and if you buy have the
dealers write a receipt for you, atteating to the fact that that
ridiculously low priced sapphire is untreated, for your protection
and for some degree of recourse, and note on the reciept the
directions to the stall, etc. In a bazzar of hundreds of vendors, it
is nearly impossible when intoxicated by the smell of incense and
spices, and a hundred transistor radios all set to differing
channels, where, exeactly you bought something. and ask for their
cell phone # if you notice they are using one, and you need to
coordinate a return, or buy more of something…write if you need more
info…