Re: [Orchid] Paste solder tips

H. D. (Del) Pearson Sunday, June 05, 2005

>     heat got to the needle and the paste froze in the chamber  not
>     allowing the paste to be extruded through the needle. You can ream
>     out  with a thin wire

Beth,

    I have had excellent results with your gold and silver paste
    solders.  Like you, I do not take any special care of them.  I have
    on occasion gotten the needle too hot.  When this happens I use a
    small twist drill bit (I actually keep one next to the tube) to ream
    it out--works great.

    Del Pearson of Designs of Eagle Creek in Beautiful South Texas,
    where we are still getting some much-needed rain.