Hollow white gold chain?

I was in a jewelry store today and looked at a 28" white gold chain.
The links were made from 1m+ guage wire but when I held it it felt
like aluminum, it was so light. The sales lady explained it was
hollow 10k white gold, Italian style. It was on sale for 800
CND…holy!!

What did she mean? Is that made from the wire with solder inside it
or is it electroformed??

Regards
Pete

 The sales lady explained it was hollow 10k white gold, Italian
style. It was on sale for 800 CND.....holy!!

Italian + Hollow sounds like a stamping made item.

George

    What did she mean? Is that made from the wire with solder
inside it or is it electroformed??

It’s machine-made from hollow links that contain nothing but air.