Alternatives to Germanium sterling silver

Does any one know of an alternative to germanium sterling silver the
properties of this metal is that it is fire free and remains so
during annealing process the reason i am asking is that thescos in
england have let thier licence for this run out and have no plans to
renew it the items that i make are annealed 4-6 times so i dont want
to have to use a paint on product such as argotec or heat in a kilm
under atmosphere and it would need to be able to withstand hot hand
forging

many thanks
David Baggaley
@dbsilversmiths
D.B.Silversmiths & Goldsmiths
9 Berners Close
Sheffield
S2 2ay
ENGLAND

Does any one know of an alternative to germanium sterling silver
... thescos in england have let thier licence for this run out and
have no plans to renew it ....

Ah, that would explain why I have had no response to the emails I
sent them (Thessco). Same with ArgentiumSilver.com for that matter.

Tony Eccles has written here on Orchid about a similar, independently
developed, Germanium alloy:

“I have patented a fire-scale free range of Sterling silver alloys.
These alloys are known in Australia as ‘Bright Silver 925’.”

(see Argentum - Jewelry Discussion - Ganoksin Orchid Jewelry Forum Community for Jewelers and Metalsmiths)

Unfortunately neither he nor the vendor he recommends,
HorizonMetals.com, are answering their emails on the subject either.
Perhaps I’m too small a fish to bother with but I would have thought
that the offer to purchase 1-2 kg would have at least been worth a
referral.

Is it simply the case that it’s no longer available outside the US?
Hopefully that’s not the case as it would be an rather inglorious
start for “the silver alloy for the next 5000 years” or whatever the
marketing phrase de jour was.

Cheers,
Trevor F.

Dear Orchidians,

I, as well, would really appreciate info. on a supplier for
Argentium silver.

Donna Hiebert

Morning Trevor and Happy new year to all.

I have met and talked to Tony Eccles and there’s not a chance that
you’re too small a fish for him! He’s a helpful, considerate and
informative person to talk to. As to your emails, I’m not sure why
Tony is not responding. Sometimes it does take a couple of days for a
reply but he does reply. Email me off line and I can give you his
phone number or we could compare email addresses.

Eileen

The australian maker and supplier for the bright silver you are
looking for is apecs. They website is www.apecs.com.au

Regards
Monika