Computer programs for a shop

I’m researching to help a friend open a gallery/shop.
What computer programs are being used to link check out/credit card
/inventory etc. I’m sure there are favorites and those that have
glitches …I’d love to be able to pass on some tips that would help
this store run smoothly for the artists and the owner alike. The
store will sell on consignment and is badly needed for area artists.

Thanks for any help and I hope all have a properous New Year.

Lisa in NY.

What is the best credit card system as far as ease/cost/compatible
to software for inventory that you recomend?

Related pages:

Ganoksin’s Guide to Industry Web Sites
Main resources index > Supplies > Software

Business Directory - Ganoksin Jewelry Making Community

Thanks for your opinions.
They mean alot to me. Lisa in NY