6 Gage square rod mokume gane

For all those in Orchid Land that know,

Does anyone know if mokume gane comes in 6 gage square rod/wire form?
I am looking for about six inches or so for a special project I will
be working on and thought the visual affect of the mokume gane would
look terrific and fit into the projects symbolic associations
wonderfully. I have no way to draw round into square. Any help in
this matter would be appreciated and thanks ahead of time for any

Karen

Hi Karen, Mokume is made in square rod, but not 6ga (.162"/4.115mm).
It is straight grained. Meaning the layers run parallel with the
length of the rod. This is a material designed for hand work. You
would have to twist and forge the rod to make a more interesting
pattern. Then it would need to be rolled and drawn to size.

Bill

Reactive Metals Studio, Inc.
PO Box 890 * Clarkdale, AZ 86324
Ph-928/634-3434 * Ph-800/876-3434 * Fax-928/634-6734
E-mail- info@reactivemetals.com
Catalog- www.reactivemetals.com