Designing chokers

Hello,

I would like to design a choker or collar. I intend to shape an 8mm
round silver wire and then wrap it in 0.6mm 18k gold wire. My
question is how the collar will be worn without putting pressure on
the wire. Do i have to cut a large enough gap for the neck or is there
a way of hinging or is there some other type of wire that is
"springy" out there. i.e sort of a chunky memory wire? Please help?

Regards
Elizabeth

One piece wire chokers have a gap that is smaller than the neck.
They are put on and taken off the same way that a jump ring is
opened by NOT pulling the sides apart but by twisting them at right
angles.

marilyn smith