Re: [Orchid] [Portland] Job Seek

brainnet Friday, November 12, 2004

    Contact the Oregon college of Arts and Crafts, http://www.ocac.edu/
    and talk to the teachers, take an evening course, offer to volunteer
    etc. Join the metal arts guild there for connections. for trade
    work, connect with the local jewelers, walk into stores, be polite
    and tell them you are looking to an intro job. Try
    http://phonebook.superpages.com/yellowpages/C-Jewelers/S-OR/T-/  and
    so on. Offering to work for free for a week does not hurt as an in
    to the industry....

best
charles