Re: [Orchid] Advice for soldering 20ga silver

judymw Monday, November 01, 2004

Orchidians,

    Noel is doing a real mitzvah here:

>      OK, I am saving the addresses of the people who have asked, and
>     will send out another round of titanium strips. Don't worry, the
>     cost is not worth reimbursing. I'll send strips to the first 15-20
>     who ask, if it goes that high.

    I got some of the Ti strips and made some "V"s.  They are pretty
    nifty.

    Here's another use: I punched/cut a tiny little "mouse hole" in the
    edge of one leg of the "V". That little opening is just big enough to
    fit over chain and acts as a flame shield when soldering chain ends.
    As Noel says, copper strips would also work, but the Ti "V" is more
    durable and doesn't solder to your work.

    Thanks Noel,  Judy in Kansas

Judy M. Willingham, R.S.
B.A.E.  147 Seaton Hall
Kansas State University