Best saw blades

As for storing sawblades, when I teach, I hand out two 12-packs of
sawblades, each in a plastic drinking straw (the kind that has that
"ripple" in it, for bending the straw over the edge of a glass).
The short end I bend up about 180 degrees and tape it to the rest of
the straw. Then I drop the pack of sawblades in and put a little
piece of tape over the top. I also tape the two straws (each with a
dozen sawblades in it) together, side-by-side. That way, the blades
don’t get lost in the packet of jewelrymaking tools that each
newcomer gets.

It’s not elegant, but it works. On my own bench, I use a variety of
things (some from the Rescue Mission’s second-hand store) in which
to store my blades upright.

Judy Bjorkman

  On my own bench, I use a variety  of things (some from the Rescue
Mission's second-hand store) in which to store my blades upright.

Judy, I store my blades in “empty” Bic pens. Get the cheapie (used to
be 10 cents) Bic ballpoint pens. Take out the ballpoint cartridge,
drop your blades in, put the cap back on and you are set. I put those
colored paper dots on the cartridge to identify blade size, 1 dot, 2
dots etc.

Kay