Galvanic reaction?

I’ve been soldering (low temp) little silver tubes on brass
settings. After the soldered pieces were cleaned, all together
with soapy water, hot water, running water, some of them etched each
other as they were left wet in a group to dry. Could I have set up
a galvanic action by happenstance?

any thoughts?
thanks,
SC

Sydney Cash
Jeweler
72 Reservoir Road
Marlboro, NY 12542
845.236.7032
http://www.sydneycash.com/jewelry_01.html

   I've been soldering (low temp) little silver tubes on brass
settings.   After the soldered pieces were cleaned, all  together
with soapy water, hot water, running water, some of them etched
each other as they were left wet in a group to dry.   Could I have
set up a galvanic action by happenstance?

Did you pickle them first? If you leave brass in pickle too long it
can etch or pit.

Dee