[Book Review] Complete Metalsmith, Professional Edition

Tim McCreight’s books, The Complete Metalsmith, design books, Boxes
and Lockets, reference books, etc., have been poured over by almost
everyone in the metals and jewelry field. From his first book wih
its’ orange cover, hand written instructions to the glossy picture
books, to PMC, Tim McCreight has demystified many of the techniques
and tools of our field. Tim has done it again with his newest version
of Complete Metalsmith, which is spiral bound and has a handy elastic
strap for marking pages. This version has it all, the approachable
style of his first book, plus all the newer techniques developed over
the last few years, like anodizing, die forming, patina formulas and
even All the gemstones are in color which makes for easy
identification. I was very happy to see an expanded section on hinges
and clasps. For $30, this book is packed with all kinds of goodies.
There is a section with online references and directions for making
an improved jewelers bench.

With all the “how to” books published, this is the best one I have
come across in years.

You can order this from the Ganoksin Bibliography site

Complete Metalsmith, Professional Edition
By Tim McCreight
price: $30.00

Product Information
Media: Spiral-bound
Manufacturer : Brynmorgen Press
Release data : February, 2004

Karen Christians
M E T A L W E R X
50 Guinan St.
Waltham, MA 02451
Ph. 781/891-3854 Fax 3857
http://www.metalwerx.com/
Jewelry/Metalarts School & Cooperative Studio