Re: [Orchid] Studio Flooring Options

Dinah Taylor Wednesday, September 01, 2004

    I use stall mats. I have a room that is a sun room off the back of
    the house with metal walls, long glass sliding windows and a pitched
    roof. It's 12x12. It had nasty indoor outdoor carpeting when I moved
    here, and I laid down 6 mats (4'x6'). You can usually find them on
    sale at the local Farm store like Agway or TSC for about $26.00
    each. They are 3/4" thick, have a nubby surface with channels
    underneath. They weigh about 100 lbs each, believe me they stay in
    place (I have them in the stalls and they never move-they are a pain
    if you have to move them for some reason). They are wonderful to
    stand and walk on though-that's why they are good for horses who are
    basically standing all the time :O)

Cheers!
Dinah.