Epoxy resins - health and safety issues

Having looked again at my recent post , in response to Terri May, I
may have given a false impression of the dangers of epoxy resins. I
should have made it clear that, for example, the hardener used in
Colores can cause serious eye and skin damage; see, in this context
http://www.riogrande.com/images/msds/638975.pdf

I was trying to accept her point that the toxicity of resins varies,
and leant a bit too far that way.

best wishes
Stevie

Hi Stevie, I’m really glad that you read the MSDS for any chemical
product that you use. They are extremely helpful and necessary and
should be read for every new product that is brought in to the
studio.

From your first post, I thought that you must be useing something
like fiberglass resins (which are really toxic and really
flammable!). I have to say that I’m pretty relieved that you are
useing something “down the scale” of toxicity and flammability like
Colores.

–Terri

I have to say that I'm pretty relieved that you are useing
something "down the scale" of toxicity and flammability like
Colores.

I’m not! Colores isn’t suitable for the sort of work I do, since it
hasn’t the quality that I need. No epoxy resin has; it has a natural
light yellowish brown tone, totally unfitted for building up
multiple layers of transparent colour. I was pointing out an example
of the dangers possibly inherent in products marketed as benign …

best wishes
Stevie