Campaign about "green" gold

I don’t use gold myself, but thought this might interest others
heRe: http://www.nodirtygold.org/home.cfm

It seems to be about the effects of gold mining and the possibility
of using gold that’s mined in ways that leave the mining area a
healthy place to live.

Catherine Jo Morgan
Iron & Mixed Media Bowl Sculptures
Artist Journal Online - Hand Forged Vessels:
http://radio.weblogs.com/0120691/
mailto:@Catherine_Jo_Morgan

On this note, what sources within the US would you all recommend for
the purchase of recycled gold?

Lee Einer
Dos Manos Jewelry
http://www.dosmanosjewelry.com

Lee, You can try Brian Hill brian@bio-verde.com He gave an
interesting talk at our local guild meeting (CMAG Creative Metal Arts
Guild). Margaret

    Lee, You can try Brian Hill    brian@bio-verde.com He gave an
interesting talk at our local guild meeting

I don’t know about that??? I am waiting for a return call from
Brian. I spoke with Matt who was teaming up with Brian and in charge
of sales at Green Karat (and the bio-verde.com site) - of both the
raw material - i.e. casting grain, wire etc and the small product
line coming out of these “eco-mining” projects. Matt has shut down
his sales due to what he feels are incompatible practices. I don’t
know the details but I do know I couldn’t buy any gold there. I was
ready to investigate switching most of my gold work to this
product. I am hoping Brian Hill might have some positive news.

Michelle