Tucson '04 Orchid Dinner

Dear everyone, I am back after a long bout with a computer virus.
Plans for the up coming Orchid dinner here in Tucson during the gem
show '04 have been on going for several months and it is time for me
to make the first anouncement.

We have a few new things this coming year which I am very excited
about. Primarily , the restaurant , El Parador, will be completely
Orchid’s the night of February 6th, 2004. No band or other parties.
More buffet lines are being added so food service should be faster.
The sound system will be audible!!!

We have Rich Youman’s as our keynote speaker from AJM magazine and
Hanuman will be there again, so if you missed him last year, this is
it. It is late at night for me right now and I will begin posts
filling in all the about the dinner starting tomorrow (
as well as having Pat here to keep me on track) but, I wanted to post
and start to let you all know I am alive and have been working on
this for some time already.

2004 will be bigger, more attendance, up to 400 people! More time to
mingle and put faces to names and make those all important contacts.
I expect more sponsors to contribute because they are begining to
see Orchid as a major forum in the jewelry trade/art/industry. Orchid
cannot be ignored by anyone interested in jewelry at any level.

We will need more volunteers so please, consider giving to Orchid
what you feel you recieve not only in money but time as well.

I LOVE THIS FORUM and Hanuman is the driving force so let’s DO IT,
See you in February here in Tucson. More later, much more Sam
Patania, Tucson

Dear all of Orchid, The Tucson Orchid dinner is really coming along.
You may register through http://www.ganoksin.com/events all the
will be there.

We have a Banquet Sponsor at this time, the main “Diamond” sponsor
this year is Rio Grande. THANK YOU RIO you have come through again!
Orchid is extremely greatful for your support.

Please get your registration for the dinner in soon, it is filling
up fast and you save $10 by pre-registering.

The silent auction is being chaired by Carol Berger-Taylor of Metals
Edge Studio and you may reach her for donations or offers of help at
jeweler_girl@cox.net She will be needing volunteers prior to the
dinner and during the dinner. Te silent auction will have fewer items
to bid on this year, we are limiting the items to 40 pieces. We hope
to offer premimium items so if you want to donate please get in touch
with Carol as soon as you can.

We are in high gear now, I’m really looking forward to this year, it
will be the best yet.

Sam Patania, Tucson

Dear Orchidians - Here I am again with really good news! Sam posted
about a week ago but I’m bringing you up to date on happenings.

  1. We have the entire restuarant of El Parador for our use the
    night of Friday, February 6, 2004. No band and a much better sound
    system so you all can hear the speakers.

  2. We will have Rich Youmans, Editor of AJM Magazine will be our
    keynote speaker and I will let you know as soon as I can what his
    topic will be.

  3. We will also have our fantastic founders, Hanuman and Charles
    Lewton-Brain with us again. As the largest fund raiser for Orchid
    we are attracting the best of the best.

  4. Rio Grande has agreed to be our Banquet Sponsor and we are proud
    to have them with us again. I’m not sure who will address the party
    for them yet but will let you know.

  5. Cost per reservation is the same as last year - $35.00 per
    person. You can go on Ganoksin and register through PayPay with
    your credit card. It’s just like buying on Amazon or any other
    site. Just follow the directions as you go along.

http://www.ganoksin.com/events

Or, if you prefer, you can mail your checks made out to Patania’s
Orchid to us here at

Patania's,
3000 East Broadway Blvd.,
Tucson AZ 85716

and I will deposit them in the special Orchid account set up just for
Orchid. At the time you either register with PayPay (Ganoksin) or
us, we will assign you a personal bidder number to use at our Silent
Auction. You can use the number/letter of the alaphabet to bid the
night of the party as you care to.

  1. Carol Berger Taylor is taking care of the Silent Auction for me
    this year and she can be contacted at jeweler_girl@cox.net. She
    will give you directions for your donations, which are so welcome
    and a really important part of making this Dinner a success.

  2. Rio Grande has again donated a J2R casting machine to be raffled
    off the night of the Dinner. Tickets are limited to 200 only for
    $40.00 per. They can be purchased through the Ganoksin site via
    PayPal. it is limited to those 200 first come/first served.

http://www.ganoksin.com/shop

El Parador has again promised us an outstanding evening with great
food and a good time for all to mingle and exchange together in a
face-to-face environment. We’ve had such fun the last two years…
so don’t miss out on it by being too late. I know we’re all in
pretty much the same business and this is the busiest time of the
year with the most in profits for us. Please take a small amount of
time to let me know we can count on each of you to be there with us.
We are a special group of people in Orchid with special bonds among
us.

If there are any questions I don’t answer for you in my weekly
postings, please feel free to call me at 520-795-0086 or email me at
@Patania_s. We will be glad to hear from you at any time.

Pat Kulla @ Patania’s

Dear Orchid, the X-Mas rush is on , which is a nice switch from the
rest of this year.My creditors will be happy to hear.

Karen Christians, Charles Lewton-Brain, Pat Kulla, Carol
Breger-Taylor, myself and of course Hanuman and Ton have been working
months on the Tucson Gem Show Dinner for '04. I know you are all
busy but don’t forget about Orchid and the friends who will all gather
here soon.

I think of who Orchid has introduced me to and how I have been
influenced by this forum. The help and support I get is so much more
than I am able to give back. Oh, hell, I could get all mushy with
this but,I have to step back and appreciate what I take for granted.

Lets meet in Tucson, on the other side of the X-Mas madness and have
a good time. Register on line through

http://www.ganoksin.com/events/orchid-dinner-04.htm

or send a check to Patania’s Orchid in Tucson and see you soon.

Sam Patania, Tucson

       8th Tucson Orchid Dinner - February 6, 2004

       Rio Grande - Diamond Baguette Sponsor

Evening Program:

Greeting and meeting friends of Orchid
Hello from Hanuman and Charles Lewton Brain
Keynote Speaker: Rich Youmans from AJM Magazine
Presentation "The Community of Orchid", arranged by Karen Christians
Announcement of the winner of the J2R Casting Machine raffle, Rio Grande

When:

February 6, 2004
6:00 pm Cocktails
7:00 pm Dinner

WheRe:

The El Parador Restaurant
2744 East Broadway
Tucson, Arizona 85716
Tel: (520) 881-2808

Who:

Orchid subscribers, visitors to the Gem Show and gem enthusiasts

How:

Registering online is easy. By filling out the online registration
form, you will automatically receive a bidder number for the silent
auction. Price of the dinner is $35.

http://www.ganoksin.com/events/orchid-dinner-04.htm

Or, if you must register with a check, mail or phone:

Patania's
3000 E. Broadway
Tucson, AZ 85716
520 795 0086

Send your check in the amount of $35.00 PER PERSON. Please make the
check payable to PATANIA ORCHID

Walkins will be accepted at $45 PER PERSON.

Be sure to …

enclose your email address
note the name of your guest if you are bringing one
note if you are a strict vegetarian (no meat at all)
note if you wish confirmation of receipt of your check.

Guests are encouraged. We were successful in obtaining the entire
restaurant to ourselves for an evening of relaxation and
conversation. There will be no band this year.

Dinner includes appetizers, entrees and desserts. There will be a
cash bar.

You may cancel and receive a full refund until January 23. After
that date, any funds left over after paying the restaurant will be
donated to Orchid.

Dear Orchidians - I need to hear from you about reservations for the
Dinner. It should be an exciting evening for all of us - don’t miss
out, please! Go to the Ganoksin/Orchid site to make reservations via
PayPal (all you need is your credit card)

http://www.ganoksin.com/events/orchid-dinner-04.htm

Or send a check made out to Patania’s Orchid and mail to us here at

	Patania's,
	3000 East
	Broadway Blvd,
	Tucson AZ 85716.

Remember we have the whole restaurant to ourselves this year and it
should be a blast.

	The El Parador Restaurant
	2744 East Broadway
	Tucson, Arizona 85716
	Tel: (520) 881-2808

	February 6, 2004
	6:00 pm Cocktails
	7:00 pm Dinner

Thanks for making my job for Orchid easier.

Pat Kulla @ Patania’s

Dear Orchid, It is X-Mas eve, I have survived. I just got a call
from Lee Marshall of Bonney Doone fame and he is donating a 20 ton,
tall frame press to Orchid which we will raffle off during the
dinner in February here in Tucson. Bonney Doone along with Rio
Grande, Otto Frei, MetalWerx, Indian Jewelers Supply and all the
volunteers and those who post from the Orchid readership are what
make this forum the most important of it’s kind. Thank you Orchid,

To Register - Go to the Ganoksin/Orchid site to make online
reservations (all you need is your credit card)

http://www.ganoksin.com/events/orchid-dinner-04.htm

Or send a check made out to Patania’s Orchid and mail to us here at

	Patania's,
	3000 East
	Broadway Blvd,
	Tucson AZ 85716.

This year should be a blast. !!

	The El Parador Restaurant
	2744 East Broadway
	Tucson, Arizona 85716
	Tel: (520) 881-2808

	February 6, 2004
	6:00 pm Cocktails
	7:00 pm Dinner

Thanks for making my job for Orchid easier.

Sam Patania, Tucson

Dear All, the weather is nice, 80’s and sunny, here in Tucson, now
I’m not going to take the blame for lousy weather during the show
but, I I will take credit when it is good.

The registration for the Tucson Orchid Dinner is slow and I’m
wondering why that is? Was the year so bad that no one can afford
Tucson? I can appreciate that, as you all know. Talk to me Orchid,
are you going to come to Tucson? I hope so.

Lee Marshall of Bonny Doon Engineering has generously offered us a
20-ton press, manual operatiom, to be raffled the night of the
Dinner.

We are offering 50 tickets only for $20 each and you may purchase
tickets by sending a check for how many with name, address and email
to Patania’s Orchid, 3000 East Broadway Blvd, Tucson AZ 85716.
Please indicate on check what raffle ticket you are purchasing.

You can go on their website at www.bonnydoonengineering.com and the
model number of the press is No. 125.600.

To Register - Go to the Ganoksin/Orchid site to make online
reservations (all you need is your credit card)

http://www.ganoksin.com/events/orchid-dinner-04.htm

Or send a check made out to Patania’s Orchid and mail to us here at

	Patania's,
	3000 East
	Broadway Blvd,
	Tucson AZ 85716.

This year should be a blast. !!

	The El Parador Restaurant
	2744 East Broadway
	Tucson, Arizona 85716
	Tel: (520) 881-2808

	February 6, 2004
	6:00 pm Cocktails
	7:00 pm Dinner

Sam Patania, Tucson

Dear All,

the season was down from last year significantly, in fact the entire
year was. I have been going through cost of sales reduction in a big
way for a year and a half other wise I think this season might have
really put the hurt on me. Even though it was down my COS were also
reduced by damn near the same percent leaving me wishing for a good
economy and ready for it at the same time.

Tucson Orchid dinner looms. We are in the final leg of the planning
race and have many improvements to the dinner’s organization and
physical set up.

These improvements will make the speaches more audible and with Rich
Youmans of AJM coming to be the key note speaker, more important.
Orchid is turning a corner this year and flexing it’s muscles in
terms of attracting the industry, the art and the trade.

If you are at all able to attend this year’s dinner February 6th you
really should.

http://www.ganoksin.com/events/orchid-dinner-04.htm

Register on the Orchid website, with paypal (You don’t need to have
PayPal account to register, all you need is your credit card) or send
Pat a check made out to “Patania’s Orchid” and mail it to:

Patania
3000 E. Broadway ,
Tucson , AZ 85716.

I had initially placed a $10 at the door charge to anyone who did not
register early through paypal or sending a check to us here in
Tucson. I am now doing away with that charge because I want more of
you to come to the dinner.

If you would please let me know if you plan to attend, that will help
with planning but, the door tickets will be the same price as the
early registration, $35 per person.

This is the most direct way to support Ganoksin and the Orchid
forum. Hanuman will be there if you missed the chance last year to
meet him. It is a long expensive trip from Bangkok for he and Ton and
this may be your only opportunity during 2004 to see them in the US.

See you in Tucson,

February 6, 2004
6:00 pm Cocktails
7:00 pm Dinner

at

The El Parador Restaurant
2744 East Broadway
Tucson, Arizona 85716
Tel: (520) 881-2808

We need you there, don’t under sell yourself, all of Orchid is
important not only to each other but to the craft we all enjoy.

http://www.ganoksin.com/events/orchid-dinner-04.htm

Sam Patania
Tucson

The Tucson Dinner is rapidly approaching. Thank you to all who have
donated items for the Silent Auction. Orchid appreciates your
generosity and your support!

We are still looking for additional donations for the Silent Auction.
If you are willing to donate items or services valued @$50.00 or
more, or if you have any questions please email me at:
@Carol_Taylor

Please ship any items to: Patania�s
3000 E. Broadway Blvd
Tucson, Arizona 85716

Peace in the New Year,
Carol
Orchid dinner Silent Auction Coordinatior

Dinner Registration at:
http://www.ganoksin.com/events/orchid-dinner-04.htm

METALS EDGE STUDIO
2200 N Scottsdale Rd. Ste. V&W
Scottsdale, Az. 85257
480-425-0026
www.metalsedgestudio.com

Hi All,

We’re looking forwards to meeting everyone in Tucson at the Orchid
dinner! The silent auction items are building steadily, and it looks
like a nice evening, with old friends and interesting people. It is
really something to be in a room with so many Orchidians, to chat and
talk in person. For me, a treat to see Hanuman again, and so many of
you who I know.

Lets see you there if you are in town, should be fun, and more time
just to talk and share time together than previously…

Happy New Year Orchidians!

Charles

Dinner Registration at:
http://www.ganoksin.com/events/orchid-dinner-04.htm

Charles Lewton-Brain/Brain Press
Box 1624, Ste M, Calgary, Alberta, T2P 2L7, Canada
Tel: 403-263-3955 Fax: 403-283-9053 Email: @Charles_Lewton-Brai1

I haven’t managed to get to Tucson for the show(s) for about ten
years! This year I’m gonna do it!

Of course, this is very late to make reservations, and I have found
only a SUITE available. Are any Orchidians looking to share
accomodations? I am reasonably harmless…references available.(grin>

My schedule is very flexible. Most any time between Feb. 4 at Feb 13
would work for me. David

David Barzilay, Lord of the Rings. Reply directly to me at
@David_Barzilay or by phone: (213) 488-9157.

Dear Orchidians - It’s not too late to send us a check made out to

Patania's Orchid

at

3000 East Broadway,
Tucson AZ 85716

or to call me (Pat Kulla) at 520-795-0086 to let me know you’ll pay
at the door.

We’re closed on Sundays and Mondays so call me on Tuesday and join
the great times.

We are over 200 Orchidian reservations now and we have a number of
media representatives coming. Time is getting short and we don’t
want anyone to miss out. See you Feb ruary 6th - Pat Kulla @
Patania’s

http://www.ganoksin.com/events/orchid-dinner-04.htm

Evening Program:
	Greeting and meeting friends of Orchid
	Hello from Hanuman and Charles Lewton Brain
	Keynote Speaker: Rich Youmans from AJM Magazine
	Announcement of the winner of the J2R Casting Machine

raffle, Rio Grande
Jewelry Making e-books - Ganoksin

When:
	February 6, 2004
	6:00 pm Cocktails
	7:00 pm Dinner

WheRe:
	The El Parador Restaurant
	2744 East Broadway
	Tucson, Arizona 85716
	Tel: (520) 881-2808

Who:
	Orchid subscribers, visitors to the Gem Show and gem

enthusiasts

Why:
	To have fun and make friends;