Learning in Portland

I have a strange but sincere request. I am hoping to find someone
in my neighborhood who would be willing (for a reasonable fee) to
show me a few basic techniques in silversmithing and/or lampworking.
For example, I am self-taught but am having a little trouble with
mastering bezel-making; I made one yesterday and managed to set the
cab and finish the piece, but it leaves A LOT to be desired. :slight_smile:
This board is a great resource, in fact I learned quite a bit about
using fine silver for bezels here! Thanks, happy holidays.

If you are talking about Portland, Oregon (currently encrusted with
ice) you can get metalsmithing classes at Multnomah Art Center
and/or Oregon College for Arts & Crafts.

Carla