Industry financial records

I am putting together a pro-forma business plan to present to the
SBA. I have 24 years on the bench and operated my own wholesale trade
shop on a smaller scale until 3 years ago when I went to work as a
shop manager for a large chain. My intent is to open a
repair/appraisal/custom design shop that also deals in limited
finished goods. The operation would also offer trade work to other
stores at the wholsale level. I have been looking for some industry
financial records to plug into financial projections I need to
present. I have not found any as of yet. Any ideas. Thank you

Greg Sorley

J.C.K. or Jewelers Circular Keystone Magazine publishes various data
related to the industry, sales by category/region/#of employes
etc… or perhaps the J.B.T. Jewelers board of trade, (a jewelers
credit rating company) can help, also the most helpfull may be to
call the GIA (Gemological Institute of America, Carlsbad CA) ask the
librarian and they can deffinetly help you …

JA puts out the annual report, “The Cost of Doing Business Survey
for the Retail Jeweler”, check it out, it is a fantastic resource.
Sam Patania, Tucson