A New Kind of Pearl

There were some strirrings deep in my memory when I started reading
the description of that new pearl found in Burma. I went through
some old Lapidary Journals last spring…some clear back to the
1960s. There was a story in there about a big flame pearl that the
author was trying to find out about. He ended up in Viet Nam and
managed to find out that there had been about three of these in the
posession of the royal family there before the French took over. So
it may not be so much a new type of pearl as a rediscovered one.

Rose Alene McArthur