Re: [Orchid] A New Kind of Pearl

Orville & Rose Alene McArthur Tuesday, January 06, 2004

    There were some strirrings deep in my memory when I started reading
    the description of that new pearl found in Burma.  I went through
    some old Lapidary Journals last spring....some clear back to the
    1960s.  There was a story in there about a big flame pearl that the
    author was trying to find out about.  He ended up in Viet Nam and
    managed to find out that there had been about three of these in the
    posession of the royal family there before the French took over.  So
    it may not be so much a new type of pearl as a rediscovered one.

Rose Alene McArthur