[Orchid] Pewter carving

Terri May Tuesday, January 06, 2004

    Check the alloy that is being used to make whatever pewter you may
    decide to carve.  Yes, some do still contain lead.  Any business
    that sells pewter for casting will be able to tell you the component
    metals.  (If it were all tin, like as has been suggested, it would
    be called "tin", not pewter.)

    Safety is a good thing.

--Terri