[Orchid] Learning in Portland

greenlincoln Tuesday, January 06, 2004

    I have a strange but sincere request.  I am hoping to find someone
    in my neighborhood who would be willing (for a reasonable fee) to
    show me a few basic techniques in silversmithing and/or lampworking.
    For example, I am self-taught but am having a little trouble with
    mastering bezel-making; I made one yesterday and managed to set the
    cab and finish the piece, but it leaves A LOT to be desired.  :)
    This board is a great resource, in fact I learned quite a bit about
    using fine silver for bezels here!  Thanks, happy holidays.