[Orchid] Eye protection and soldering

jonathan schwartz Tuesday, January 06, 2004

    I have always used an acetylene/atmospheric air torch. I just
    purchased an oxy/acet. torch (Smith versa-torch).  I need to get some
    eye protection. What shade lense should I use with this setup?  I
    wear prescription glasses.  Where can I buy prescription glasses with
    the appropriate shading?  What about didymeum lenses?  I know they
    will make things look great, but will they provide the necessary
    protection to my eyes while soldering?

Thanks for your input!
Chip Schwartz
Dallas, PA