Re: [Orchid] The secret of faceted stones and bezels

Dale Burnett Tuesday, January 06, 2004

>     the problem with the step bezel, especially the pattern step
>     bezel, is that the step and the pattern is on the outside not the
>     inside of the bezel where it will form a seat to hold the stone up.

Phillip,

    I don't understand this.  It has always been my understanding that
    the purpose of the step is to provide a seat for the stone.  Indeed,
    the only step bezel I have ever worked with has the step on one side
    and the pattern on the other side.  What would be the intent of
    having step bezel with the pattern and the step on the same side?

Dale