Metalwerx Artist-In-Residence

Recipient of the First Metalwerx Artist-in-Residence Award

We are pleased to announce, metalsmith Rocio Heredia has been
awarded the first Artist-in-Residence Award from Metalwerx. During
her two month residency at Metalwerx, beginning in October, she will
teach a workshop on Chasing and Repousse and one with Professor Tom
Muir in Bowling Green State in Ohio.

For more on her workshop:
http://www.metalwerx.com/wk-repousse.html

Ms. Heredia was chosen for her extranordinary talents as a
professional metalsmith and from her diverse background. Residing
in Monterrey, Mexico, Rocio is a self taught artist, and who learned
English by reading subtitles and watching American TV. As part of
the Metalwerx Community, Rocio will have an opportunity to work in a
collaborative setting and learn traditional jewelry techniques.

For more regarding Rocio, please visit her website at
http://www.rocioheredia.com/statement_en.html

Karen Christians
M E T A L W E R X
50 Guinan St.
Waltham, MA 02451
Ph: 781/891-3854
Fx: 781/891-3857
www.metalwerx.com
email: @Karen_Christians
Board Member of SNAG

1 Like

Dear Karen,

Thank you for giving me the wonderful opportunity to work, study and
teach at Metalwerx. Thank you, professor Muir, for your kind
invitation to teach a class at the Bowling Green University.

I am truly excited and looking forward to my trip to the US.

Best regards,
Rocio Heredia
designer metalsmith | http://www.rocioheredia.com

1 Like

Rocio; Hello; I hope that Bowling Green State University is the one
in Ohio. If it is it’s close to me and I would be interested in
attending. Please let me know the dates, etc.

Sincerely,
Eric Schmidt

1 Like

Dear Eric, I will be offering a Repousse Workshop at Green Bowl State
University in Ohio on October 25-26. For those of you who are in
the Ohio area, and are interested, please contact Tom P. Muir
.

Best,
Rocio Heredia