Re: [Orchid] Flashy tea

Noel Yovovich Tuesday, September 02, 2003

>     Have you considered Swarovski AB crystal beads?

    Thank you for the suggestion. No, I haven't, for the same reason I
    won't use CZs. To be consistent with the rest of the piece, I need
    to use something "real", i.e. stone, to convey the "value" of tea in
    the eyes of the tea-lover. That is why I would *really* like to find
    a batch of broken or fractured faceted diamonds (since, evidently,
    "chips" don't exist ;>) ). I'm willing to spend on this, but there's
    no sense, in my mind, to putting good quality stones into a copper
    mesh teabag on a silver sculpture, where they'll barely be seen and
    never worn. I figure somebody out there may have a little stash of
    assorted (or not) chipped stones too small to justify recutting if
    there's another use for them...

Here's hoping,
Noel