Re: [Orchid] Exhibiting work outside of display cases

Judy Pottins Thursday, July 31, 2003

    There's a store in Mississauga (outside Toronto, ON) called Magi
    that has over-priced but gorgeous jewelery made by non-mainstream
    artists. They use a window designer who has really made a name for
    themself on the basis of their displays. I can't tell you how many
    times, as each season changes, the window artist would come out with
    some new, always wondrously simple concept for displaying pieces. A
    crystal clear undulating vase filled with black eyed peas with some
    dried wheat stalks set in it on which there was a necklace and
    earring set dangling, for example. A block of glass (see Ikea in the
    lighting department) illuminated by a small refrigerator bulb on
    which to set the piece. In every case the window was scrupulously
    arranged and dust-free. Not a single detail overlooked.