Trading jewelry designs

I am interested in possibly trading jewelry designs, either
drawings, wax models, or CAD models, for part of the cost of having
a ring cast in white gold or platinum. Is this something that is
plausible? Also, is there a certain ring size that I should stick
to when making wax models? Thanks from an aspiring jewelry designer
who has learned alot from the digest. -steve

In my experience standard ring size for women is a 6, and for men a
10. I live in Texas where the people tend to be a bit larger than
the national norm so I cut a 6 1/2 for women unless it is a larger
ring design than I cut a 7 , for men I go up to a 10 1/2. These
size allow for a minimum of sizing up or down to meet most needs.
Frank Goss