[Orchid] Casting lettering trim

Motorheadjewelry Sunday, July 13, 2003

    I would like some advice on the best way to cast a piece.  The piece
    is similar to the lettering trim on the side of a car, all lettering
    connected by a common horizontal base piece, measuring about 2" x
    15".  I'm making the master, but need to have about 100 pieces cast
    in a metal that can be chrome plated.  I usually do lost wax casting
    with a vacuum caster, but this is too large.  Sand casting won't
    give me the detail.  I would welcome suggestions on other methods
    that would work and be cost effective.  Thanks!!!

Andrea Carnahan
andrea AT motorheadjewelry.com