Suggestions for online resources

Hi all! I’m currently putting together a set of links for the AJM
website for good resources for small jewelry businesses, and I
wondered if you guys would be willing to contribute the links you’ve
found most helpful. I’m particularly looking for links for small
business services (shipping, printing, conference calling, etc.)
insurance (both health and business), financial planning, and
retirement planning.

Thanks in advance!
Suzanne Wade
Writer/Editor
Phone: (508) 339-7366
Fax: (928) 563-8255
@Suzanne_Wade1
http://www.rswade.net

Hi Suzanne,

    I'm particularly looking for links for small business services
shipping

A very good site for shipping is www.usps.com (the US Post Office).
There’s all types of info available & you can order shipping boxes &
other shipping supplies that are FREE & delivered to your door. You
can also print shipping labels for domestic & international mail
that already has the postage on it. (It’s really fun to waltz right
by the long line at the post office & just put the pkg on the
counter. You should see the looks you get!)

Dave

Dear Suzanne, The web designer who did my www.ajt-online site is a
great small business owner. She is just our of school where I saw her
portfolio show. Very impressive. Her site is www.joymacdonald.com. I
still have her do work for me and she even worked for me for a short
time. Price was very reasonable also considering it was an online
store she made for me.

Best Regards,
Todd Hawkinson

Check out www.endicia.com

With them you can print your own labels that include postage.
Through endicia you can get delivery confirmation for only 13 cents
(without even visiting the Post Office!) You just tape the printed
label (or you can buy adhesive labels) and drop your package in the
nearest mail box.

Dan T.

Through endicia you can get delivery confirmation for only 13
cents (without even visiting the Post Office!)

Just had to respond to this one. :slight_smile: Through the Post Office, you
can get delivery confirmation for free! Just register on the
www.usps.com site, and then pay & print your own labels from there.
I’ve tried it and it works great! FWIW,
Jill

Two postage/mailing services I’ve used are:
http://www.simplypostage.com/uspsapi/default.asp

and

http://www.stamps.com/postage/service/pricing/

I used SimplyPostage -aka- Neopost for several years, the one thing
I didn’t like was that you had to pay for the software updates when
there’s a increase in rates, but you don’t need to access your
computer for 1st class mail, you can just print from your scale.
Stamps.com is the service I’m currently using, it’s a few dollars
cheaper, but you must be connected, the service is online only!
However, you get free delivery confirmation, which
normally cost you around .45 per mailing.