List of Jewelry Photographers

All, Thanks so much for all the help in assembling this list. I
couldn’t have begun to do it without you. It will be a wonderful
resource, and I’ll add to it as time goes by. I only included the
names of those who I communicated with and who gave permission. If
you don’t see the name that you recommended, that’s why. (I did leave
out one or two whose work I saw and felt wasn’t getting the
photographic message across-- I know that that’ s editing and it’s my
opinion, but hey, it’s my list.)

I’ll include this as an attachment and in the body of the email.
The formatting is off, but I have no time right now to fix it.

Thanks again.

The importance of obtaining quality slides of your work really can’t
be overstated. In many cases your work is only as good as the image
of it.

Please find below a list of photographers whose work has been
recommended by your colleagues or gleaned from quality published
images. This by no means a comprehensive list. There are many
photographers whose names are not yet widely known and so were
unavailable for inclusion. Indeed, finding someon e to shoot your
work is often the result of word of mouth serendipity. While I am
personally familiar with work produced by some of the names listed,
inclusion on the list should not necessarily be construed as
personal endorsement. Individual experiences will always vary:
remember to make every effort to see examples of a person’s work for
yourself. Hourly rates vary from photographer to photographer.
Most, if not all, listed are happy to conduct business via US mail,
UPS, FedEX, etc. You should consider quality of work, personal
chemistry, colleagues’ recommendations and the vague quality known as
’a good fit’, above geographical convenience.

If you have any suggested additions for this list, please e mail
Andy Cooperman at @Andrew_Cooperman.

5/03 LIST OF PHOTOGRAPHERS compiled by Andy Cooperman USA

	Lane Baker
	480- 731- 9379
	bakerfoto@cox.net
	AZ
	http://www.lanebakerphotos.com

	Balf Walker
	520- 624- 1121
	balf@balfourwalker.com
	AZ
	http://www.balfourwalker.com

	Barry Blau
	310- 455- 1054
	Cre8tive1@barryblau.com
	CA
	http://www.barryblau.com

	Philip Cohen
	510- 652- 4944
	philipcohenphoto@earthlink.net
	CA

	Amy O Connell
	510- 336- 0188
	amy@ezino.com
	CA
	http://www.LapidaryArt.com

	George Post
	510- 237- 0197
	gpp@lmi.net
	CA

	Hap Sakwa
	707- 823- 5787
	hap@sonic.net
	CA

	Robert R Sanders
	858- 509- 3060
	robert@RobertRSanders.com
	CA

	Nathan Stinson
	760- 439- 2453
	nslk@earthlink.net
	CA
	http://www.nathanstinsonphotography.com

	Azad
	888- 258- 0657
	http://azadphoto.com
	CO

	Sky Hall
	719- 488- 8083
	skybmw@aol.com
	CO

	Richard Lapalombara
	203- 773- 1046
	tomatoboy@erols.com
	CT

	Will Crocker
	504- 522- 2651
	will1806@cox.net
	LA

	Dean Powell
	978- 452- 7054
	apklsphoto@aol.com
	http://www.deanpowelphoto.com
	MA

	Norman Watkins
	410- 467- 3358
	watkinsfotoz@aol.com
	MD

	Robert Diamante
	207- 874- 0587
	robert@robertdiamante.com
	http://www.robertdiamante.com
	ME

	Tim Thayer
	248- 544- 1964
	tthayer@aol.com
	MI

	Franco Zerilli
	313- 567- 4144
	fzerilli@zerillistudio.com
	MI
	http://www.zerillistudios.com

	Eric Cullum
	651- 336- 9209
	flyboyweasel@attbi.com
	MN

	Don Casper
	314- 962- 3500
	doncasper@mindspring.com
	MO

	David Nufer
	505- 345- 9500
	NM

	Tim Barnwell
	828- 251- 0040
	barnwellphoto@hotmail.com
	NC
	http://www.barnwellphoto.com

	Allen Bryan
	845- 246- 6466
	allen@allenbryan.com
	NY

	Ralph Gabriner
	914- 376- 0175
	gabriner@earthlink.net
	NY

	Tom Stock
	800- 406- 1008
	tstock@nycap.rr.com
	NY
	http://www.stockstudiosphotography.com

	Robert Storm
	845- 338- 8753
	rpstorm7@aol.com
	NY
	http://www.stormphotoinc.com

	Jerry Anthony
	614- 451- 5207
	sharon@jerryanthonyphoto.com
	OH
	http://www.jerryanthonyphoto.com

	Bill Bachhuber
	503- 234- 1348
	billbachhuber@attbi.com
	OR

	Richard Gehrke
	541- 687- 7107
	rgehrke@oregon.uoregon.edu
	OR

	Kevin McHone
	503- 640- 3971
	kevin@hollymchone.com
	OR

	Daniel Van Rossen
	503- 735- 1925
	daniel@vanrossen.com
	OR
	http://www.vanrossen.com

	Dave Smith
	412- 390- 0870
	davesmithphoto@aol.com
	PA

	James Beards
	401- 333- 2533
	Jamesbeards427@aol.com
	RI

	Jessica Marcotte
	401- 722- 2300
	http://www.jessicamarcotte.com
	RI

	John Parrish
	214- 742- 9457
	jparrish@t-speed.net
	TX

	Bill Pogue
	281- 286- 4050
	bpogue@billpogue.com
	TX

	Jack B. Zilker
	713- 522- 5456
	TX

	Taylor Dabney
	804- 232- 8224
	TayDabney@aol.com
	VA

	Pam Perugi Mattaccini
	434- 295- 8801
	pperugi@stone.net
	VA
	http://www.ppmphotography.com

	Mike Pocklington
	804- 358- 7656
	mpocklington@earthlink.net
	VA

	Richard Nichol
	206- 784- 1093
	WA

	Rex Rystadt
	360- 939- 2361
	WA

	Doug Yaple
	206- 349- 5565
	ddyaple@hotmail.com
	WA
	http://www.dougyaple.com

	Roger Schreiber
	206- 622- 3525
	roger@speakeasy.org
	WA

	Sally Rae O'Riley
	608- 273- 9613
	sallyannphoto@charter.net
	WI

	Larry Sanders
	877- 726- 3377
	LZS@GOWEBWAY.COM
	WI
	http://www.juryslides.com

EUROPE & UK

	Vincent O'Byrne
	00353- 1- 6685283
	vincent@vincentobyrne.com
	IRELAND
	http://www.vincentobyrne.com

	Alexander Brattell
	alex@zetetic.co.uk
	ENGLAND
	http://www.zetetic.co.uk

Andy - many thanks for undertaking this! As a former professional
photographer, the skills needed to photograph jewelry are quite
different from those needed to photograph people, or large sculpture,
or paintings. Your effort is appreciated!

Beth in SC

Hi All, I’m cleaning up my desk-- and desk top-- getting ready to
head off to SF, and I found two more names. One got shoved under
something else and the other arrived too late to make it onto the
posted list (it’s on the handout).

Here they are, add 'em to your list. Sorry to these folks…

Andy

	Bruce Paul Gaber
	Vision Rising
	1 866 200 9063 (toll free)
	sun@visionrising.com
	Visionrising.com

	Eddo Hartmann
	the Netherlands
	hartmannphoto@planet.nl
	+31-(0)20-6221905

Ive, Did you read the prologue to the list I sent? I only included
those names who I was able at the time to contact (or who contacted
me). Some names arrived too late to appear at this time on the list,
so they were not included. I did receive Steve Meltzer’s name, but it
was spelled wrong and had no contact info. A Google search proved
fruitless. I also stated that this is “by no means a comprehensive
list” and that “I did leave out one or two whose work I saw and
felt wasn’t getting the photographic message across-- I know that
that’s editing and it’s my opinion, but hey, it’s my list.”

The list was my idea and whatever its shortcomings is my
responsibility and should in no way reflect on the Orchid list or its
members.

As for “tying your own shoe lace” : yes, I had faith in that. That’s
why I left out specific locations. I knew that people would take the
initiative and make a few calls to track down a specific name.

Ive, from the tone of your email it would appear that I’ve somehow
displeased you. I spent a lot of time, with no personal gain
organizing this list. It was in no way intended to be a “registry
fiat”. I thought it would be a good resource and a good start. I
suppose the old saw is right: “No good deed goes unpunished.” I would
be more than happy to hand over the list to some one who is perhaps
less biased, less prone to editorializing and more generally
inclusive. Perhaps you would like to take the list over… Keep it
updated, etc. I’ve got lots of other things to do.

Most sincerely, Andy Cooperman