Tip for Dynamic Display Cases

Hi Folks, At the show I was at last weekend, I had a rare opportunity
to walk down the street I was on, and saw another jeweler with the
identical slant-top Dynamic Display cases I have… down to the color
of the skirts. Had to stop and chat, of course! :slight_smile: Then I noticed
that he didn’t have any of the doors installed. Nor did he have the
middle support in the back of his double cases! I asked him about it.
He said it really gives you a lot more room to work with, and opens
up the space a bit more. It definitely made the display look
“cleaner”, without the distraction of the hardware behind.

I asked if he was concerned about someone reaching around to steal
something. He said that he is, as I am, always in the booth, keeping
a watchful eye. He added that in twenty years of doing shows has
never had anyone attempt to do that, and theft of that nature is
barely a concern at all.

I tried removing my doors the next day, and really liked it.
Obviously much easier than opening and closing them constantly, and
it also allows the heat to dissipate more easily from the cases when
they are being hit by the sun. It allowed me to pull my tall bust
displays all the way to the back of the floor of the case, easing the
encroachment on the pieces in the middle of the case.

You might want to give it a try if you’re so inclined! :slight_smile:

All the best,
Dave
Dave Sebaste
Sebaste Studio and
Carolina Artisans’ Gallery
Charlotte, NC (USA)
dave@sebaste.com
http://www.CarolinaArtisans.com

You also might want to consider placing a screen-like material.
Something like silk, or even a soft window screen material, in place
of the doors and instead of open air. This would thereby, better
avoid open air, no door at all thefts. Even a soft cloth /
screening material door, is better than no door at all and looks
less tempting for would be thieves . Also, it allows the heat to
escape.

RnL