Re : Looking 4 Custom Designer

  I looking for a custom designer to refer people to. This person
needs to be able to work with a person of the phone and email and
will work with the customer till the design is right. I am a
wholesale gem dealer and I also have a few select collectors and
referls I work with but I do not do much jewelry making because of
injuries a drunk driver left me. Thank you for your help and if I
can ever help you please let me know.

Hi Michael , I just returned frm the JCK show today…what an
experience! I’m just catching up on The Orchid list… I realize that
by now, you must have gotten several replies to your request but I
thought I’d offer my design services as I think they might suit your
needs.

I most often communicate by email and telephone when developing a
model with my clients… I work in Matrix which is a 3D modeling
program that can render photo-realistic images of a model from all
visible perspectives. By working with the client throughout the
development of the design, the chance of any miscommunication and
unwanted surprises is virtually eliminated.

In terms of custom-shaped cut stones, I import a scanned image of a
stone into the program and build a piece around it, determining
exact dimensions down to the tenth of a millimeter, if need be.
Calibrated stones are much easier, I just type in the size. One of my
earlier efforts is on the Users Gallery of the GemVison site. It’s
the band with the scroll design. It will at least give you an idea of
the rendering capabilities of Matrix.

tml

Please let me know if I can be of help. I’m also an east coast rep
for Matrix, I’d be happy to demonstrate the program for anyone in the
New York, Connecticut, MA area.

Thanks,
Jesse Kaufman
JDK DESIGNS