San Francisco market

Hello everybody. I am planing to move to the Sanfrancisco aerie. I am
looking for a place where I can sell my jewelry gold and silver, and
hand blown glass;either a fun little shop, or a market stall. Any
suggestion.? Myriam

Hello everybody. I am planing to move to the  Sanfrancisco aerie.
I am looking for a place where I can sell my jewelry gold and
silver, and hand blown glass;either a fun little shop, or a market
stall. Any suggestion.? Myriam

call the San Francisco Arts Commission Street Artist
Program…don’t exactly remember the number,…or stop by their
office at 50 Van Ness. it’s in the subfloor of that building. you can
obtain a street artist license from them after screening. Vending in
San Fran is HARD!!!, but can be extremely good business.

Sparrow

I make it up to San Francisco every summer. I was pretty shocked to
see the rock-bottom prices that the street vendors around the Wharf
and Ghiradelli Square get for their work.

Most of the vendors sit in their little booths all day and make
pieces that sell for as little as $3.00!!! How - HOW - can anybody
make money like that?

Furthermore, it seems like so many of them make the same thing.

cc

I make it up to San Francisco every summer.  I was pretty shocked
to see the rock-bottom prices that the street vendors around the
Wharf and Ghiradelli Square get for their work. Most of the vendors
sit in their little booths all day and make pieces that sell for as
little as $3.00!!!  How - HOW - can anybody make money like that?
Furthermore, it seems like so many of them make the same thing.

it’s “The Army Of Darkness”…there are about fifty people who
all work together (not officially of course) and while they are out
at the stand, they make a few things, so they don’t get busted as
importers.

this drives prices down for everybody

Sparrow

    I make it up to San Francisco every summer.  I was pretty
shocked to see the rock-bottom prices that the street vendors
around the Wharf and Ghiradelli Square get for their work. Most of
the vendors sit in their little booths all day and make pieces that
sell for as little as $3.00!!!  How - HOW - can anybody make money
like that? Furthermore, it seems like so many of them make the same
thing.

May be they sell cheap because they all have the same things. As soon
as you have something different, the price has no limit because
there is only one of each. Where I am now I am surrounded by Mexican
import Jewelry, they are very nice and very cheap, I still sell my
work at a fair price because nobody else has it. Vive la difference.
Do you sell your jewelry there ,or did you just visit?

Yes, there are a lot of people selling cheaply made beaded jewelry
there. I believe a good portion of it is not made by the vendor but
is imported. Unfortunately these “street artists” give the rest a
bad wrap. There are some very talented artists selling there
handcrafted, orginal goods at the Wharf. It’s a challenging way to
sell your art, dealing with the gusty SF wind and the average
tourist mentality, but it is a way to make a self-employed living
and its also a one way to start out with very low overhead.

Anastasia