Failing Eyesight

As I get older ( I’m only 44) I seem to be having more trouble seeing
close up. I am near sighted and have a fairly strong prescription. Last
time I visited my eye doctor he suggested that it might be time to
get BI focals. I can see my work clearly if I take off my glasses and
get really close to the work piece, i.e. an inch or two away. I don’t
like to do this for safety reasons and would never operate my flex
shaft without eye protection.

What do others use to magnify their work so that they can see it
better?

Thanks
Milt Fischbein
Calgary Alberta Canada

   I seem to be having more trouble seeing close up. I am near
sighted and have a fairly strong prescription. I can see my work
clearly if I take off my glasses and get really close to the work
piece, i.e. an inch or two away.

Hi Milt, no answers ,just to let you know I’m in exactly the same
boat, and I’m wondering if the clearer sight without the specs means
an improvement in my sight? Last time I needed new specs, the
optician said that my sight was improving ( he seemed a bit
surprised). For any work involving machines ,I put the specs back on
( they are toughened) and just wait for my sight to adjust. Positive
thinking , from Christine

Christine…As we age, our eyes undergo changes. We tend to become
farsighted. Nearsighted people often end up not needing glasses at
all, while people who started out with normal vision may become so
farsighted that they need strong prescriptions for close work. Just
part of the human condition. Check with your ophthalmologist or your
optometrist. Probably time for a major prescription change. Dee