Alloys

Dave, you can buy zinc from McMaster-Carr
(310) 692-5911
PO Box 54960
Los Angeles CA 90054-0960

Item 9069K1 22 pound ingot $36.38 plus S/H If you can
tolerate the copper, US pennies are zinc under the copper
cladding. I’m sure you can etch the copper off in a ferric
chloride bath. Don’t know if the zinc is soluble in the FC. I
bought some little pieces of zinc from the local scrap metal
junk yard last year at only a buck a pound. Bill in Vista

hi there!. this is roberto.

i would like to know about white gold alloys and how to make white
gold solder

thanks.

Roberto, In this day and age it seems somewhat absurd to spend the
time to make your own solders unless you are using a gold that no
commercially available solders match in color. White gold solders are
available from all major (and most minor) gold suppliers.

Daniel R. Spirer, GG
Spirer Somes Jewelers
1794 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02140
@spirersomes
http://www.spirersomes.com

Hi, Roberto.

There’s many articles in the orchid archive to create white gold
alloys. But I could not find how to create some white gold solder
alloys with different melting points. Does anyone know how to create
them?

The followings are some recipes of white gold:Subject: Re: [Orchid] Gold alloys