Guilloche patterns

Hi Ricky

One of the nice things about the forum is that you never know where a
question of statement will take you. A very good example of this is
your question about guilloche patterns. I have really enjoyed the
research and the fruits of the research, so I thank you for your
question. The site noted below has a spirograph applet that I think
you will find interesting. It will enable you to create guilloche
patterns in a manner that I imagine would be similar to using an
actual rose lathe, that is, start & stop, change parameters, speed,
etc. Try playing with it for a bit and let me know what you think. One
last thing before I send this off to you, I find that many of my
postings to the forum seem either to be very slow in getting posted,
or never get posted at all. Have you had the same experience?

http://math.ucsd.edu/~dlittle/java/SpiroGraph.html

B Goodman