Re: [Orchid] Ultrasonics and other stuff

Michael R.Mathews Sr. Sunday, July 02, 2000

    Hello Daniel: I have a tool that allows you to preset your cutting
    depth called a "Stone-Setting stop". It is item number 113-148 from
    Rio Grande 1-800-545-6566 costs about $20.00 The stop has a set screw
    that you tighten to any 3/32" burr so it fits any flex shaft. I use it
    for the very thing you propose to do. I also use it to cut my stone
    seats in the wax as I turn it on my lathe. This gives me very level
    channel set stones providing of course the girdle - table measurements
    are all close on my stones.

Michael R. Mathews Sr.   Victoria,Texas   USA
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Loge/9493/
Search over 300 jewelry,supply and tool related sites at
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Loge/9493/orchidlist.html