Computer wax carving thingy

Hi, I have a customer who wants a very exact, repeat pattern cast.
This wax is beyond my capabilities, does anyone have the name of a
person or company that can have this ring cut by computer for me? I
would prefer a Canadian, with American addresses being my second
choice! karen in vancouver

   Hi, I have a customer who wants a very exact, repeat pattern
cast. This wax is beyond my capabilities,

Hi karen- I’ve got a couple of tricks in my bag for jobs like this ,
first a couple of questions- how tight is the pattern? is the pattern
recessed or pierced through? does the pattern go all the way around
the ring and possibly ,god forbid,interlock or is there any pattern
free segment ? Hoping I can help. Scott Empey, Prism Designs

Hi, I have a customer who wants a very exact, repeat pattern cast.
This wax is beyond my capabilities, does anyone have the name of a
person or company that can have this ring cut by computer for me?

I can’t carve waxes, but I can build things very exactly and
repeatably in wax using my handy-dandy prototyping machine. Apologies
for being Amerian.

-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman (831) 429-8224
Digital sculpture www.bathsheba.com
Creative prototyping www.protoshape.com

Hi Scott, The pattern is a stylized Polarbear(8 total), its a side
view of the bear with a ball under its front paw, its butt is touching
the bear behind it, who is upside down. The ring is approx 6mm wide,
size 10. I would rather construct than carve (because I like
constructing) and if I have to, I would pierce out bears, and then
engrave the details. THE PROBLEM ISNT THE RING - ITS THE CUSTOMER!
This guy it an anal retentive graphic artist jerk. From talking to
him, I have the feeling that he will not be happy with hand-made. And
our shop is too busy to waste time on a jerk, I think the computer is
my only option. Though I would love to know what you would do…:slight_smile:
karen

Hi Karen

I know just the person you seek, he’s highly skilled and a great
person. His name is Bill Reidessma and can be reached at Email :
studiojeweler@yahoo.com

Best regards
Harry

Well- One thing I had in mind is making your art file in the computer
and taking it to a photo-engraver,the kind printers use. They can
produce a plate in magnesium with a depth of about 2 mm which can be
reproduced via mold etc.The detail is very fine and since it is a
photo graphic process you can work directly off graphic guys files.I
have better success casting the piece flat and doing the bending in
metal ,it seems to have less distortion this way.You can visit one of
these guys and have them show you what is possible in terms of detail
and depth. The company I use is in Van Nuys ,California it’s called
Pacific Coast Engravers ph-(818)780-9994 but, it would probably be
possible to find one near you.If this sounds like something you would
like to try and you want more details feel free to give me a call @
(818)-993-3166. If not, keep it in mind for some specific types of
jobs it is a godsend and a relatively cheap option (about $25)
compared to the labor costs involved in any other process. Hope this
has helped- Scott Empey - Prism Designs

Aloha, We have a new entry level milling solution, The Model Master
CNC 500. It is bundled with another new product from DelCAM (makers
of ArtCAM Pro, our flagship software), called ArtMILL. The mill and
software are $5000. The machine is great for cutting 3D models in wax
or plastics. Nice alternative for people that want to use the
technology, but are unsure or have limited funds. We also have two
new larger, rigid mills for large parts and steel. There is of
course, our Art2Part system and the Thermojet 3D printer, as well .
For more please feel free to contact me directly.

Best Regards,

Christian Grunewald Precision Modelmaking Technologies Hawaii (808)
622-9005 www.modelmaster.com

hey this happened to me once…had to be perfect…do a normal size
black and white drawing…shrink picture to proper size (copy
machine) take to photo etching shop they cut a magnesium prototype
make mold… cast …viola… good luck and lots of good business
lisa &scott

Bathsheba Grossmas, M2 SYSTEMS, we could duplicate the piece for you.
John Mastoloni 203-791-9968