Re: [Orchid] Lost wax casting - wax - silver weight ratio

brennan Thursday, March 02, 2000

    I  use the wax as a specific gravity of one. ,   This must include
    the weight of the model , all feed spruing  and vents including the
    feed button.   This times the specific gravity of the metal to be cast
    gives the minimum weight to melt.  Melt a little more.    Be sure your
    sprue system is adequate to provide for shrinkage in the heaviest
    section. Jesse