Spring Metal

I’m currently putting together a line of cufflinks and I do not
know how to make spring metal. I would like to make spring steel
in silver and in gold. Is this something one needs to buy or can I
make it myself ?

Any info is greatly appreciated and always used, Peter Slone

Dear Peter,

Spring steel is available from any watch supply wholesale house,
every city has one or check with your local AWI certified
watchmaker for sources or he/she may have some in drawers as I
do. Don’t know what size you are looking for. Another source
possibly is Starrett Company, which you can look up in the Thomas
Register…E-mail them and they will tell you if they make spring
steel ( I think so ) and send you a list of stores in your area
who stock their products.

Terry Parresol