Re: [Orchid] [Help] small stone carving

Bob &/or Barbara Tuesday, December 01, 1998

>    Jane - Check out the books on gemstone carving by Henry Hunt.
>    Basically, it's a situation where you make it up as you go along,
>    making appropriately shaped wooden points to polish with,

    Bamboo makes a good mandrel for polishing.  A common source is
    Kabob skewers available in (almost) any grocery store in the us
    and much of the world..  You can put the skewer in your flex
    shaft and sand the shape you need then use your polishing media.
    The bamboo will hold the media better than a hardwood dowel.

***The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is
 suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best
 friends.  If they are okay, then it's you..***

Bobert
Carmel,CA